Yes We Cannabis!
UPDATE: Listen to speeches and panels from the conference. You can download the MP3 or subscribe to NORML's Event Podcast for the latest updates.
Check out the photos from the conference.
This year's conference was covered by large and small media outlets. Here is a listing of some of this year's press coverage.
2009 Conference Headlines
September 28, 2009:
September 27, 2009:
September 26, 2009:
September 25, 2009:
- Measure to legalize pot kicks off campaign, KGO-TV.
- Want to Legalize Pot? Sign Here, Please, NBC Bay Area.
- Pot Talk is NORML in San Francisco, NBC LA.
- Activists mobilize in San Francisco to legalize marijuana in Calif., KFMB 760AM.
- NORML talks pot, Times-Standard.
- Puff, Puff, Pass: Assemblyman Tom Ammiano Receives Hero's Welcome at San Francisco Pot Conference, SF Weekly.
- Media Blitz Greets California Cannabis Tax Effort, East Bay Express.
- Pot legalization ballot measure hits the streets, Contra Costa Times.
September 24, 2009:
The 2009 NORML Conference was held Thursday, September 24 through Saturday, September 26 at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco, CA. NORML's staff and Board of Directors – and over 500 policy activists, medical patients, cultivators, doctors, politicians, and clinical investigators – congregated and celebrated in one of America's most 'cannabis friendly' cities.
Panel Topics for this year's conference included:
- The Zeitgeist of Legalization: Why and How Did This Happen?
- Pot Politics 2009 and Beyond
- Has Support For Legalization Reached The Tipping Point?
- What Impact Would Legalization/Regulation Have On Use Rates
- Cannabis' Law Reforms Missing Link: Law Enforcement
- Putting The Mexican Cartels Out Of Business
- Marijuana Legalization as a Local, State and Federal Revenue Stream
- Pot, Parenting and Legalization
- Cannabis and Athleticism
Medical Cannabis-only day
Thursday, September 24
- Panels and lectures on the health effects of medical cannabis;
- examinations and discussions led by expert lawyers focusing on emerging medical cannabis distribution models;
- zoning and business license issues and criminal defense representation.
If you have questions, contact NORML by phone at 888-67-NORML or e-mail email@example.com.