Yes We Cannabis!
The 2009 NORML Conference was held Thursday, September 24 through Saturday, September 26 at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco, CA. NORML's staff and Board of Directors – and over 500 policy activists, medical patients, cultivators, doctors, politicians, and clinical investigators – congregated and celebrated in one of America's most 'cannabis friendly' cities.
Panel Topics for this year's conference included:
- The Zeitgeist of Legalization: Why and How Did This Happen?
- Pot Politics 2009 and Beyond
- Has Support For Legalization Reached The Tipping Point?
- What Impact Would Legalization/Regulation Have On Use Rates
- Cannabis' Law Reforms Missing Link: Law Enforcement
- Putting The Mexican Cartels Out Of Business
- Marijuana Legalization as a Local, State and Federal Revenue Stream
- Pot, Parenting and Legalization
- Cannabis and Athleticism
Medical Cannabis-only day
Thursday, September 24
- Panels and lectures on the health effects of medical cannabis;
- examinations and discussions led by expert lawyers focusing on emerging medical cannabis distribution models;
- zoning and business license issues and criminal defense representation.