- Any patient receiving hospice care
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease (effective July 1, 2017)
- HIV or AIDS
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease (effective July 1, 2017)
- PTSD (effective July 1, 2017)
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
PATIENT POSSESSION LIMITS
Two ounces of usable marijuana
Yes, no more than nine marijuana plants, of which no more than two may be mature.
STATE-LICENSED DISPENSARIES ALLOWED
Yes. Dispensaries may lawfully engage in home delivery.
STATE-LICENSED DISPENSARIES OPERATIONAL
MEDICAL MARIJUANA STATUTES
- Vt. Stat. Ann. tit. 18, §§ 4471- 4474d (2003)
- Vt. Stat. Ann. Tit. 18, §4472(6); 4474(1),(2)(c) (2003)
Yes, registered caregiver is a person who has agreed to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of a registered patient with respect to the use of marijuana for symptom relief. The registered caregiver can never have been convicted of a drug-related crime. The caregiver must be 21 years of age or older. Patients may only have one registered caregiver at a time. Registered caregiver may serve only one registered patient at a time.
ESTIMATED NUMBER OF REGISTERED PATIENTS
- Source: Vermont Department of Public Safety