- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuropathies (chronic nerve pain)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain
- Spinal cord damage
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Terminally illness
PATIENT POSSESSION LIMITS
Patients are permitted to to possess cannabis in the following formulations: infused pills, oils, topicals, liquids, or dermal patches. Cannabis may also be dispensed in “dry leaf” or “plant form” and/or “in a form medically appropriate for administration by vaporization or nebulization.”
STATE-LICENSED DISPENSARIES OPERATIONAL
Yes. A list of initially approved operators and locations is online here.
Yes. A patient may not designate more than two caregivers. A caregiver may not serve more than five patients at any one time.
ESTIMATED NUMBER OF REGISTERED PATIENTS
- Source: West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources as of April 2022
Yes, but only for terminally ill cancer patients