- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cancer associated with severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting
- Crohn’s disease
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Other medical condition or its treatment may be added by the Department of Health
PATIENT POSSESSION LIMITS
Medical marijuana patients may possess up to three ounces of cannabis including other allowable products. Specifics to be determined within 120 days on the bill coming into effect.
Yes, up to three plants. In certain circumstances, a physician may authorize a patients to cultivate greater quantities.
STATE-LICENSED DISPENSARIES OPERATIONAL
Yes. All caregivers must submit the proper required documentation to the State Department of Health.
ESTIMATED NUMBER OF REGISTERED PATIENTS
- Source: Medical Cannabis in South Dakota, as of July 2022.
EMPLOYMENT PROTECTIONS FOR QUALIFYING PATIENTS