The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) and the NORML Foundation are seeking student interns to work in the national office in Washington, DC. Students who support our policy positions, and are looking for a real challenge, should seriously consider gaining some valuable experience working on one of America’s most hotly debated public policy issues. NORML and the NORML Foundation have a small professional staff who share an office a couple of blocks from the White House. We frequently depend on the work of interns to expand our effectiveness. Depending on a student’s academic pursuits or skills, NORML interns are asked to:
- conduct policy and legal research on-line;
- attend press conferences, policy briefings, and legislative hearings on The Hill;
- track, analyze, and summarize pending federal, state, and local marijuana-related legislation
- research policy positions of candidates running for state and federal office
- manage incoming phone calls and e-mails;
- help maintain the NORML web site;
- perform desktop publishing and graphics tasks;
- help organize conferences, advocacy events, benefits, seminars and press conferences;
- perform regular office and mailing duties.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Positions are filled on a rolling basis.