Remember this statement from our Drug Czar that “legalization” is not in the president’s vocabulary, nor in his own?
Numerous writers in the blogosphere (including me) said, “Somebody get Gil a dictionary!” So we decided here at NORML to launch the official “Dictionaries for the Drug Czar” Campaign. Here’s how you can participate:
Dictionaries for the Drug Czar Campaign
- Go to your local discount store and buy a cheap pocket dictionary.
- Find legalization inside and mark it with a yellow highlighter and a Post-It® or paper-clip on that page
- Mail that dictionary to the Drug Czar at the address below.
- Buy a postcard.
- On the postcard write: “Director Kerlikowske, here is a new word for your vocabulary: le·gal·i·za·tion (noun): the act of authorizing something previously illegal.”
- Mail that postcard to the Drug Czar at the address below.
Cheap and simple no-mail option:
- Click that graphic up above to donate online to NORML.
- Fill in the boldfaced fields.
- Click the “Comments (Add any group affiliation here)”.
- Enter “Dictionary for the Drug Czar” in that line.
MAIL YOUR DICTIONARIES AND POST CARDS TO:
Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
Executive Office of the President (EOP)
Attn: Director Gil Kerlikowske
Washington, DC 20503