This weekend, NORML Board, Staff, and Activists from both coasts and everywhere in-between will converge on the waterfront between Centennial and Olympic Sculpture Parks in Seattle, Washington, for the twentieth anniversary Seattle Hempfest.
Visit our NORML / HIGH TIMES Booth! We are next to the rocky Puget Sound waters in the Stone Village south of the Share Parker Main Stage. You won’t have trouble finding us – this year we have a seven-foot green helium balloon with the NORML logo to guide you to our booth.
We will be bringing you exclusive VIP coverage of Hempfest live on The NORML Network. Next week we’ll bring you recorded video on NORMLtv and audio on our NORML SHOW LIVE podcast. Features will include Congressman Dennis Kucinich, Washington Representatives Roger Goodman and Mary Lou Dickerson, PBS travel guru Rick Steves, federal medical marijuana patient Elvy Musikka, legendary grower Ed Rosenthal, Weed Wars star and Harborside director Steve DeAngelo, among many of the interviews and speeches we will bring to you. We’ll also be backstage with the Kottonmouth Kings, The Accused, the Herbivores, and all the great bands than make Hempfest rock, with exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews.
NORML Board, Staff, and Activists Schedule (UPDATED Thu) (click for complete schedule, subject to change, see Hempfest for final schedule). Our NORML Activists will be speaking on all four main stages to over 300,000 attendees over three days to educate the public and the politicians about the urgent need to legalize cannabis hemp in America. (Click “Full Story” below to get more details…)
- We will have backstage live coverage at the Share Parker Main Stage through our NORML SHOW LIVE Stickam feed. Visit http://live.norml.org to watch the feed. Create an account on Stickam and join our live chat. Follow @NORMLNet on Twitter to get the latest live stream updates of guests and features.
- We will have roaming coverage of the vendors, stages, speakers, and panels recorded on video that will be uploaded later to NORMLtv. Visit http://youtube.com/natlnorml to see the final edited versions of the videos. Our Outreach Coordinator, Russ Belville, will also be posting raw cell-phone video in real-time. Visit http://www.twitvid.com/videos/radicalruss to see the videos and follow @RadicalRuss on Twitter for video updates.
- We will also be recording many of the speakers and panels for replay next week on the NORML SHOW LIVE podcast. You can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes and find all the recordings available for download through the Stash Blog at http://stash.norml.org.
- 12:30pm – NORML Outreach Coordinator Russ Belville @ Hemposium (Media Panel)
- 2:45pm – NORML Legal Committee’s Doug Hiatt @ McWilliams Stage
- 3:40pm – Miami Valley NORML Director Tonya Davis
- 3:40pm – NORML Legal Committee’s Leland Berger @ Seeley Stage
- 3:45pm – NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre @ McWilliams Stage
- 3:50pm – NORML Advisory Board’s Rick Steves @ Main Stage
- 4:05pm – NORML Legal Counsel Keith Stroup @ Seeley Stage
- 4:10pm – NORML Board & Oregon NORML’s Madeline Martinez @ Seeley Stage
- 4:35pm – NORML Board’s William Panzer @ McWilliams Stage
- 5:00pm – Doug Hiatt @ Seeley Stage
- 5:35pm – Leland Berger @ McWilliams Stage
- 5:40pm – MassCann/NORML’s Keith Saunders @ Main Stage
- 5:45pm – Washington NORML’s Kevin Oliver @ Main Stage
- 6:35pm – Russ Belville @ Main Stage
- 8:00pm – All of the above and more at the VIP Speaker’s Social @ Hemposium (ticket required)
- 12:40pm – NORML Legal Committee’s Jeff Steinborn and Leland Berger @ Hemposum (Know Your Rights Panel)
- 12:45pm – Tonya Davis @ McWilliams Stage
- 1:30pm – Doug Hiatt @ Hemposium (Patients out of Patience Panel)
- 1:50pm – Jeff Steinborn @ Main Stage
- 3:40pm – Rick Steves @ Main Stage
- 3:40pm – Keith Saunders @ Seeley Stage
- 3:45pm – Keith Stroup @ McWilliams Stage
- 4:00pm – Madeline Martinez @ McWilliams Stage
- 4:45pm – Doug Hiatt @ Main Stage
- 5:35pm – Keith Saunders @ McWilliams Stage
- 6:35pm – Madeline Martinez @ Main Stage
- 6:45pm – Allen St. Pierre @ Main Stage
- 12:40pm – California NORML’s Dale Gieringer @ Hemposium (Beyond Prohibition Panel)
- 1:30pm – Rick Steves @ Hemposium (extended remarks)
- 1:40pm – William Panzer @ Main Stage
- 2:10pm – Madeline Martinez and Tonya Davis @ Hemposium (National Activism Panel)
- 3:35pm – Jeff Steinborn @ Seeley Stage
- 3:40pm – Keith Stroup @ Main Stage
- 3:40pm – Kevin Oliver @ Seeley Stage
- 3:45pm – Russ Belville @ Seeley Stage
- 3:50pm – Rick Steves @ Main Stage
- 3:55pm – Allen St. Pierre @ Seeley Stage
- 4:45pm – Dale Gieringer @ Main Stage
- 5:40pm – Kevin Oliver @ McWilliams Stage
- 6:40pm – Russ Belville @ McWilliams Stage